Thursday, September 01, 2005

Chocolate Oblivion Truffle Torte

Yes, I can do more than knit.

This is the cake I made for my friend's baby shower today. It's a triple version of my favorite recipe from The Cake Bible.

The bottom layer is made with bittersweet (56%) chocolate. The top layer I went nuts and made with extra super dark (73%) chocolate and a shot of rum.

The red top is actually a thin glaze of the fresh raspberry sauce (recipe also in the book) which was served next to the cake, along with whipped cream. Fresh raspberries were used for garnish.



The writing and decoration were done with coconut-flavored white chocolate (actually a mistake, I bought white chocolate with coconut instead of regular white chocolate).

She's having twins, hence the "Baby Baby"






This cake served about 45 people. You don't need large pieces since it's like eating pure fudge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home