Thursday, March 16, 2006

Daisy Baby

Well, I finally am getting around to posting pictures of the baby sweater that derailed me from my Tubey. This should have been my olympic project. Finishing it in one week was a HUGE challenge involving several late nights, but it was worth it.

The pattern is Daisy from Knitty, designed by none other than the Yarn Harlot herself. I think she would approve.


Wanting something not traditionally pink, I went with Sugar and Cream yarn in grape, with accents in hot pink, hot green, and sunshine. The combination of the bright colors and the 3 AM flower embroidery gave the sweater a sort of Dr Seuss feeling, which I kind of liked.


Not wanting to go nuts with the flowers (and did I mention it was 3 AM) I just did a short row of them across the back.


My one bit of uber-cuteness were the three buttons. The picture came out kind of blurry but I managed to find 3 little flower buttons that matched the 3 different colors of embroidery yarn. It was too cute for words.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks really great. I love the colour. Nicely done.

3/18/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Wow, thanks. Coming from you that is high praise!

Almost finished with my Olympic project :)

3/20/2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Knittyjen said...

I am sooo impressed. Kelly you rock.

3/21/2006 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soo cute! I love it.

6/04/2008 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how to get pregnant
All over the world, needing help getting pregnant has become more and more prevalent so why should you be embarrassed? If you're looking for a life-changing pregnancy program to follow, it is vital to consider the natural benefits of holistic therapies and ancient Chinese medicine secrets.

6/07/2013 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home